Monday 7 September 2009

Wisdom of the world

Since I was on the topic of wisdom in my previous post, I found this comic strip by Brother Mick Mooney of Searching For Grace very appropriate (and of course hilarious :D) in illustrating how often in our daily lives we operate using worldly wisdom instead of His wisdom. Enjoy....


By Mick Mooney of Searching For Grace


The more you love Christ, the more you love his church – that is his people. I love the church, I really do. I had somewhat of a tough time uploading this comic, because I know it will probably offend some people I love and care for.

So then why did I upload it you might ask. Good question. I’m doing it for the very reason that I love the church. I just want brothers and sisters in Christ stop for a few minutes, and think about what is going on. God calls the wisdom of the world ‘foolishness’, so why are we using it for our model of church organisation and growth?

Until we stop to think, and actually give ourselves the permission to think about such questions, we can never learn from the Holy Spirit his way of Church organisation and growth. It won’t look like the world’s idea of wisdom, it won’t be founded on worldly principles, rules and laws. It won’t look anything like a worldly corporate business model, but it will work, I’m sure it will.

God created the entire universe by his Spirit. He holds the whole universe together by his Spirit. With the same Spirit he can build, unite and grow his people (that is the church), but we have to be willing to let him do it. If we keep trying to hold the church together by our amazing organisational skills, we’ll never experience the church being held together by God’s Spirit (that is by love, instead of structure).

Let’s all come to our Father as he desires, like children, and ask his for advice about this whole topic. He will guide us into all truth, and he will help us as we continue searching for grace.

Blue skies,

Mick

2 comments:

Alan Hiu said...

This is like what you have said, "Very sharp post...really hits the nail on the head!"

Wonder how many can agree with this...

Kat said...

I agree with you, Alan that Brother Mick is really gifted in this area :)