Tuesday 8 December 2009

Perfect Love




The Bible says that perfect love casts out fear. "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." (1 John 4:18 NIV)

God has been leading me on a journey to entrench myself deeper in His amazing love for me. I am learning that when I am fully convinced of God's unrelenting and unconditional love for me, I will not fear that He does not love me when I do not do as He pleases. I will also not be fearful that I have to do as He pleases to earn His love. God's love for me is unconditional, I have not done and can never do anything to earn His love. God's Word tells me that "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8 NKJ) Wow! This means when I was still a sinner, God has already shown His love for me by sending His beloved Son, Jesus, to die for me! I have not done anything to deserve His amazing love and this is precisely what my Daddy God wants me to know, that He loves me so much and He yearns for a relationship with me that is deeply rooted in His unchanging and perfect love for me.

When I am firmly entrenched in His love for me, I will trust Him completely. I strongly believe that when I trust Him totally, I have been perfected in His love. When the devil attacks me with fearful thoughts, I am able to cast them off because I trust in His perfect love for me. I will have the comforting assurance that my Daddy God loves me very much and His plans are always to prosper me and never to harm me (Jeremiah 29 :11)

1 John 4:18 tells us that "fear has to do with punishment". When we know how much God loves us, we know and believe that for us who are in Christ, God is no longer punishing us for our sins because they were punished on Jesus' body on the cross. It has been finished on the cross, there is nothing left for us to do now but to receive it by faith and to believe that God Loves Us.

"I trust in His perfect love."





2 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Love cannot be explain bcos God is love and God cannot be expalined.Only to belives in.

Ep 3 says that we may know the length,breath,height and depth of God's love that surpass knowledge.To know something that surpasses knowing it has to be more than head knowledge.It has to be experiential knowledge.

We may know someone in the head like knowing the prime minister.
But we can also know someone intimately.And that's a relationship and an experience all together!

God is Love & He's awesome !

Kat said...

Amen,Jeff! Well said. Thanks for commenting.:)